Course will also include CPR for the professional Rescuer with AED, Oxygen Administration and First Aid. Participants must be 16 years old by the end of the class. Attendance, full participation, and successful completion of eLearnings, written tests and performance of all water skills are required.
- Tread water for at least 2 minutes and swim 100 yards of front crawl.
- Swim 50 yards each of: front crawl with head up, sidestroke, breaststroke, breaststroke with head up, inverted breaststroke kick with hands on stomach
- Perform a feet first surface dive in 7 to 10 feet of water and then swim underwater for 15 feet
- Perform a series of tasks given by the instructor to demonstrate listening and scanning ability as well as stamina and endurance, and rescue skills.
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will be certified in:
- YMCA Lifeguarding with Water Front
- ASHI CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- ASHI Basic First Aid and Oxygen Administration